Tuesday, December 17, 2013

Ads I Like: "Hardys - Five Generations Of Devotion"

I came across the following advertising campaign for Hardys Wine via +Ads of the World the other day. It left an impression on me, and since I just recently did a Google+ Hangout On Air (HOA) with +TheUrbanTaste for my startups & entrepreneurs community, it seemed like the perfect time to share it.

This campaign was done by the McCann agency, and focuses on the family history behind Hardys Winery. The imagery is rustic and simple,and captures the entire experience of the wine's production. That, along with descriptive storytelling in the copy, hones in on the pride, knowledge, and work ethic passed down from generation. I appreciate the production, so I'm more inclined to appreciate the product now that I know the story behind it.

What do you think of these ads?

Note: The copy is a bit small. Use the hover zoom browser extension, or ask me if you can't read it.