Monday, October 27, 2014

I'm Back!

Wow, I've been away from this blog a long time! About 3 months. Actually, I have been blogging...on LinkedIn, but more on that in a minute.

If you happen to be connected with me on any of my social accounts (thank you much) you know I haven't really left. I've just been waist deep chairing a digital marketing event that took over my life for a while. It was a lot of fun though, and an incredible learning experience.

The event was a customer-focused marketing conference meant to explore how marketers can use digital channels and technology to deliver unique and valuable experiences to customers. In fact, one of the ways I was promoting it was with the LinkedIn publishing platform. I published 6 posts in the months leading up to the conference. You can read them here.

I had wanted to try out the platform, and I figured this would be a great opportunity to offer some focused content and judge the response. I really like the set up, and I love the fact that publishing a new post sends a notification to my connections, informing them that I have something to share.

I definitely plan on publishing there more in the future. But, for now I really want to get back in action on this blog too. So, expect something from me tomorrow.  


P.S. We're already starting to plan next year's conference (the 8th annual). If you would like to be involved in 2015, or would just like to get the details when we have some news to share, leave a comment on this post, and you will be hearing from me.